'Copernicus' draft

Saturday 22 March 2014



So as it happens ~ I've moved from oil painting to Photoshop for the time being. Reason ~ time and speed (which is also time).

I've exhibitions coming up in the next few months with a pretty large one at the Seven Artspace, Leeds, UK in December. paintings for these will manifest in due course, but at the this moment in time I need to think of other parameters, namely - space, cost and length. I would also like to put a bit of a break water between what I'm producing. I do portraits, figurative work and extensively surreal child inspired work.

Very Childish takes care of the creative weight of the latter. It will allow me to tie work into my Joe Rocky Holey website but also keep it separate and stand alone. It will also let me mental concentrate on one named priority at a time. Sometimes the ideas come thick and fast and then slow to halt and then pick up again. Some breathing space and air might be good in balance from time to time.

Anyway, this is the draft for Copernicus ~ a little boy looking at moths circling around a light bulb, emulating the solar system. Thought it was a cute idea and a little more high brow as most people I've pitched this idea to over the past couple of weeks was unsure who Copernicus was. That's not to sully the education of those who were unaware, but it does breathe a sigh into the immediacy of the idea.

0 comments:

Post a Comment